The FILM pillar consists of the technological and commercial institutions involved in the making of films and television shows. These institutions include production companies, studios, screenwriting, actors, crews, location scouts and directors. With a special focus on premium African content, FAME Week Africa gathers distributors and producers from across genres and is the go-to place to buy, commission and finance new and premium content. It also covers a diverse range of technology for the production and post-production sectors. One will find the best hardware and software to cater to for editing, grading, animation and sound mixing needs.
SHOWCASE: AFRICAN FILM/TV SHOW
For film and TV production makers, there’s a smorgasbord of delights. Not only will African industry leaders mingle with stakeholders to showcase their work and to explore possible opportunities, the talent showcase in this sector focuses on an outstanding African Film/TV Show highlighting Africa and/or her people.
This category covers:
- Short film (less than 60 mins)
- Feature film (longer than 60 mins)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- ARTIST/COMPANY JOURNEY
- Tell us your story
- What are your major achievements in your field (in line with the category outline and criteria)?
- What are your major achievements in life (in line with the category outline and criteria)?
- What have you personally done to raise awareness in your field (in line with the category outline and criteria)?
- THE SUBMISSION NUTS & BOLTS
- The work being submitted – see category outline for submission format required
- What was the submission?
- Why was the submission created?
- Who was the intended audience and what was their engagement?
- When was the submission performed/published
- Where was the submission performed/published
- Anything more you want to add/tell us about your submission
Film and TV production makers are urged to provide submissions as soon as possible, as the closing date for showcase submissions is 31 July 2021. Based on this motivation, category outline and criteria, a panel of industry stakeholders will select the submissions that will be profiled during the live FAME Reel Talent Showcase event on 5 October. Winners in these and all other categories at FAME Week Africa 2021 will have the distinction of setting the bar for what is to be an annual event.
- All talent submissions must have been created between January 2020 – July 2021
- Submissions are free of charge
- Submission in any language will be welcomed, provided there is English subtitles
- Creator | Producer | Artist | Entertainer - must hold citizenship or be a resident from an African country
- All submissions must focus and encompass Africa: from / In / About / Of Africa
- Submission to include trailer of approximately 3 minutes
- Closing date for submissions: 15 August 2021
Based on the motivation and category outline and criteria, a panel of industry stakeholders will select the submissions that will be profiled during FAME Week Africa Reel Showcase.
Submissions are now closed.
Want to know more?
Bringing the Film, Arts, Media and Entertainment sector together, FAME Week Africa is the go-to place for creative industry professionals.
Get in touch
Want more information on how you can get involved in the show? We are here to help you every step of the way.